Friday, December 14, 2007

The Curious Sofa

One of my favorite shops in Kansas City is The Curious Sofa. Inspired owner, Debbie Dusenberry keeps an online diary which helps folks like me get a glimpse of all the Curious goodness going on oh, so many miles away. Well, it seems her magical home has made it to the cover of the current Country Living magazine, and if you want to hear all, and I mean all about it, visit her blog, The Curious Sofa Diaries. Debbie is so funny and open- she doesn't mind telling everyone that she completely transformed her home for the shoot. From a new exterior paint job to new kitchen counters, this style maven reveals all the crazy tidbits most stylists won't tell you go on behind the scenes of the 'picture perfect' rooms you see in magazines. I am most in love with her kitchen. I love the the opulent chandelier mixed with the distressed wall treatments and the clean white vintage appliances. I love the coziness of small homes. My dream house is a small house. Less to clean and you're forced to pair down to those essential pieces you really truly love. Or in Debbie's case, you just swap it out for something else and sell the piece in your dazzling shop!

Debbie Dusenberry's kitchen currently featured in Country Living



3 comments:

Flora Chang said...

Hello from Kansas... I love that store too! Actually I live within 2 miles from that shop so I am really lucky!
I love all your Christmas wreath; they are so precious... just beautiful!

Merry Christmas to you.

oldflowers4me said...

oh how wonderful is this girls house- dream like- singing and skipping la la la love jo-

Anonymous said...

A very nice and attractive design. Really impressive.
------------------------
John cena
sofas