Friday, July 13, 2007

Nathan Abels

I just got an email from a SCAD friend and one of my favorite painters, Nathan Abels. Nathan, an Indiana native, is now living in Colorado with his lovely new bride Lorna, and he currently has a show up at Sliding Door Gallery in Denver. You can see more of his work on his new website here. Nathan has an amazing range of artistic talent. I'm in awe of his process (he often develops his subject matter through photography), his incredible sense of design, and the arrestingly austere paintings that result. I'm equally as smitten with his collage paintings on antique photographs or his silhouettes. I found out while working at shopSCAD that Nathan already has many serious collectors. So, now is probably the time to get your fix while you still can!

No comments: